1) Eagles getting lucky with injuries: Thank God that Trent Cole only has a minor ankle sprain. He is our best defensive player and is integral to the success of this defense. And it seems like DeSean Jackson will be fine and was taken out as a precaution. Losing the team's best offensive player would be disastrous, as Kolb is gonna need all the help he can get.
Cole is integral to putting pressure on opposing QBs, which this defense thrives on
2) Kolb needs to step it up: Honestly, it doesn't matter if you looked at the stats, or just watched the game, Kolb did not perform well. If he keeps playing like this, then all of Philadelphia will be calling for his head. There were a few missed long-ball opportunities that Donovan would have had. Kolb's accuracy has always impressed me, but his ability to throw the long-ball has always troubled me a bit. Let's hope Andy Reid will utilize a bit more mid-range passing. Although that may end up leaving DeSean injured at one point in the season...
3) Asante stepping it up: This is a short point, but did you see that hit that Samuel laid down? Oh my goodness, if he keeps that up our secondary will not be a concern at all
Thank God its the pre-season. Kolb is gonna need to step it up for the regular season
4) Running game still stinks: Honestly, despite Shady McCoy's 18 yard touchdown, this running game is not looking very solid at all. It is primarily the offensive line's inability to work together and create holes for McCoy. McCoy's got talent, but similar to Matt Forte last year he cant do anything if he doesn't have the support. Maybe during the regular season, Reid and Morhinweg will straighten things out by creatively using McCoy, Bell, and Weaver as a 3-headed monster. But this blocking has got to change if this monster is gonna have any heads in the first place.
As talented as this lineman is, he needs to stop killing drives with false starts
5) Eagles as a whole need to step it up: Honestly, winning 20-17 is nothing to be proud of. The Chiefs are a terrible team and the Eagles are better on almost every position on paper. It's the pre-season of course, but what this team is showing me that it has potential in many ways. Good potential in the way the offense has moved the ball so far, but also potential to be dreadful with the way it fails to execute many times, on both offense and defense. It's a young team, so expect some growing pains, but let's hope that they are minimal and will not upset our chances at the postseason.